Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Aldi


I love shopping at Aldi. What is Aldi? It's a low cost grocery store that originated in Germany. At first shopping at Aldi may be a new experience, but it is one that I highly recommend. Be sure to have a quarter handy to rent your grocery cart. Don't worry, you get the quarter back. What you do is, put a quarter into a little box that is attached to the grocery cart. When you are done shopping, you put the cart back and reattatch the chain to the box on the cart. This pops your quarter back to you. Why in the world would they do that? Hey, it keeps the parking lot cleaned up of carts, and the company doesn't have to hire anyone to put the carts back where they belong. That is just one of the ways this grocery store keeps costs down. Another way, Aldi keeps its overhead low is by selling their grocery bags. You can also bring your own bags if you like. Also, make sure you bring cash or a debit card. They do not accept credit cards. The brands sold at Aldi are mostly the store brand, but what they have done is contracted with major companies to make their food for them under a different label. I like just about everything they sell there. If you don't mind bagging your own groceries and paying cash, I think you would love this place. Check out their website to see if there is one near you.
Logo courtesy of: Aldi

3 comments:

Revka said...

I miss having Aldi nearby! It is so much cheaper than Wal-Mart even and their store brand foods usually taste great. I rather like the rent-a-cart conecpt because it does keep the carts in one place and you don't have to worry about stray carts beig everywhere.

Mrs.Garcia said...

My Family and I are also big fans of Aldi's Grocery Stores as well.
We love the variety of foods and items that Aldi's Sells.
The Prices are great for a Family on One Income.
Mrs.Garcia

Good Stuff said...

I couldn't agree more. I really cringe when I forget to pick something up there and end up having to go to a big chain grocery store to get what I need.